Professional Practice Program
(Formerly Work Placement Program)
The Professional Practice Program can help you build professional networks, obtain local work references, learn about Canadian work culture and gain Canadian experience in your profession.
As a participant in the program you lend your professional skills and time and ISANS will partner you with a local employer for a placement of up to six-weeks.
This program is open to:
- Permanent Residents
- Citizens born outside Canada
- Provincial nominees
- Temporary Foreign Workers who have applied for permanent residency
- International graduates who have applied for permanent residency
To be eligible you must have:
- Completed an ISANS job search strategy workshops
- A resume and be prepared for an interview
- No previous work experience related to your profession or education in Canada
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 or higher and be legally eligible to work in Canada
The Professional Practice Program is not for career exploration and must be linked to your education and professional experience.
For more information please contact your Employment Specialist.
Talk to your Employment Specialist
Coordinator sends your resume to potential employers
If you are selected you are contacted by the Program Coordinator
You work at your work placement
Your performance is evaluated by the host employer