Modified Program Delivery Starting November 25
November 23, 2020
As a result of the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, ISANS will be moving back to modified program delivery on November 25th to protect the health and well-being of our clients and staff. This adjustment to our programs and services will continue until January 4th. We will reassess the modification of programs and services at the end of December. In-person programming will begin at the earliest on January 11th.
These modifications will include limitations with onsite activities for both staff and clients across ISANS four sites. These site changes include:
- ISANS Mumford: Open to clients and staff on a limited basis 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily. The Annex will be closed for programs and services. ISANS will stop evening programs (Tuesday and Thursday) until further notice
- ISANS Joseph Howe: Closed
- ISANS Desmond: Closed
- ISANS Welcome House: Open (only for approved clients and necessary staff)
The front reception door at Mumford will be closed, with the reception staff opening the door for clients who have scheduled in-person appointments only.
Limited In-person Programs
As of November 25th, ISANS will provide services to clients virtually or online, unless it is a recognized exception. These exceptions include:
- Onsite in-person services by pre-scheduled appointment only, no drop in and only if services cannot be offered virtually.
- Intake will provide limited services in-person by appointment where required
- Resettlement services onsite in limited situations by appointment where required
- Interpretation and translation onsite in limited situations by appointment where required
- Welcome House - limited services at Welcome House– not at Mumford office
- No ECE services
- Limit the number of people from the same client family for on-site appointments (protocol will be in place for clients who have to come in with their children)
If you have any questions, please reach out to the ISANS staff member you work with, or you can email us at email@example.com or call our main reception number at 902-423-3607.
Proper Hand-washing Techniques
- Accessing Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- COVID-19 Scams
- Crisis Supports
- Employment Insurance Assistance
- Employment Services Supports
- Federal Government Supports for Businesses
- Federal Government Supports to Individuals
- Medical Access Assistance
- Provincial Government Supports for Businesses
- Seeking Support in Difficult Times
- Service Canada Supports for Individuals
- Service Canada Supports for Employers
- Supports for Pre-Arrival Clients
September 2, 2020 Update:
We have been working hard to ensure a safe reopening of ISANS. We are excited to announce the reopening of our Joseph Howe location for limited language classes and increased in-person services at ISANS Mumford.
Language Classes and ECE Services
If your class is resuming in-person, you will receive a call providing you with detailed information. If you do not receive a call or instructions to attend class in-person, your class will continue to be offered online.
ISANS will be offering limited ECE services to eligible clients at ISANS Mumford (starting September 8th) and ISANS Joseph Howe (beginning September 14th). Please work with your coordinator or assistant to confirm if your program or service supports ECE service and space reservations.
To respect health and safety guidelines, we ask clients to read these steps and follow them when visiting us:
- Book an appointment for in-person service only if you cannot access our services remotely (from home).
- Make sure to come in at the exact time of your appointment.
- Remember we are only able to provide service if you have booked an appointment (unless you have an urgent settlement concern or crisis)
- Do not come in if you are sick, showing symptoms of COVID-19, or are supposed to be self-isolating due to travel
- You must wear a mask on-site for safety reasons unless you are not able to for medical reasons (if you do not have a mask, ISANS will provide you one)
- Follow the posters, signs, and guidelines displayed throughout the office
Please continue to follow all instructions from local health authorities and the Government of Canada, including preventative actions like washing hands, travel restrictions, and self-quarantine if required. This is important to keep you and your loved ones safe during this time.
Read previous updates: