ISANS Offices Closed
All ISANS offices are now officially closed. Staff are delivering services by phone and online. If you are an active client receiving individual or group service, staff will contact you about options. All online workshops, programs, and classes will continue as normal.
If you have an urgent settlement issue, please contact your settlement counsellor by phone or email, or contact Settlement Support at 902-406-0472.
Proper Hand-washing Techniques
Important update on COVID-19 from the Province of Nova Scotia:
- There is a state of emergency in Nova Scotia, giving the province special legal powers.
- Gatherings of more than five people are not allowed. Gatherings should only happen if absolutely necessary.
- As of March 22, if you have travelled outside of the Province of Nova Scotia, even within Canada, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Police can enforce self-isolation and social distancing under the Health Protection Act. They can give tickets that includes fines if you do not obey self-isolation and social distancing. As of March 22, fines for each offence are $1000 and $7500 for businesses. You can be issued multiple tickets and fines if you do not obey requirements for self-isolation or social distancing.
- Only one family member should be in a grocery store or pharmacy at one time to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Keep close to home and your neighborhood, only go out for critical items like food and medicine.
- All public parks and beaches are closed.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, please continue to follow all instructions from local health authorities and the Government of Canada, including preventative actions like washing hands, travel restrictions and self-quarantine if required. This is important to keep you and your loved ones safe during this time.
Please be advised that these updates can change in the future as per guidance from the Nova Scotia Government, the Government of Canada, and relevant health authorities to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Read previous updates: