ISANS has opened its online selection process for private refugee sponsorship in 2019.
Here are the 2019 selection criteria for sponsoring with ISANS. Please note: Meeting the criteria does not guarantee selection for sponsorship.
- Viability of sponsorship
- financial capacity of cosponsor
- support of a Constituent Group (community association)
- minimum of 5 volunteers to assist with settlement of refugees
- size of family unit a maximum of four persons
- does the person being sponsored meet the refugee definition (for example, are they outside their country of origin)
- Residency of co-sponsor
- must be a resident of Nova Scotia
- must have lived in Nova Scotia for more than 2 years
If you think you and your named refugee meet the above sponsorship criteria, please:
- Read New Rules for Sponsors
- Read ISANS 2019 Process for Selection of Privately Sponsored Refugees
- Fill out the interest form (survey) by June 30, 2019. Only one interest form (survey) per household is allowed.
Please note, ISANS Private Refugee Sponsorship program staff
- are not able to assist with filling the online interest form
- are not responsible for ISANS’ final selection decisions
All applicants will be informed of the status of their submission by September 30, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring refugees!