Online interest form submission for ISANS’ 2019 private refugee sponsorship selection process is now closed.
Those who submitted an interest form will receive a status update by September 30, 2019.
Please note: ISANS Private Refugee Sponsorship program staff are not responsible for ISANS’ final selection decisions.
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring refugees.
For Your Information
The 2019 selection criteria for sponsoring with ISANS included the following:
Please note: Meeting the criteria did not guarantee selection for sponsorship.
1. Viability of sponsorship
- financial capacity of co-sponsor
- support of a Constituent Group (community association)
- minimum of 5 volunteers to assist with settlement of refugees
- size of family unit a maximum of four persons
- does the person being sponsored meet the refugee definition (for example, are they outside their country of origin)
3. Residency of co-sponsor
- must be a resident of Nova Scotia
- must have lived in Nova Scotia for more than 2 years
Further reading and 2019 criteria:
- Read New Rules for Sponsors
- Read ISANS 2019 Process for Selection of Privately Sponsored Refugees
- An online interest form was available to be filled by June 30, 2019. Only one interest form (survey) per household was allowed.