Collection of Information
We collect information you provide directly to us. We collect information when you sign up to receive email updates, fill out a form, register for a workshop, or otherwise communicate with us via this website.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use this Website
When you visit this website, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device via the following:
Askimet collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Contact & Registration Forms
Data Used: Akismet is enabled on this site, thus the contact and registration form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which it was submitted and is emailed directly to the owner of the form (i.e. the site author who published the page on which the contact form resides). This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website, and message.
Data Synced (?): Post and post meta data associated with a user’s contact form submission. The IP address and user agent originally submitted with the comment are synced, as well, as they are stored in post meta.
Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects. Google Analytics does offer IP anonymization, which can be enabled by the site owner.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Data Used: Transaction amount, transaction currency code, product title, product price, product ID, order quantity, PayPal payer ID, and PayPal transaction ID.
Activity Tracked: The PayPal payer ID, transaction ID, and HTTP referrer are sent with a payment completion tracking event that is attached to the site owner.
Data Synced (?): PayPal transaction ID, PayPal transaction status, PayPal product ID, quantity, price, customer email address, currency, and payment button CTA text.
Source: Modern Tribe, Events Calendar
Event, Venue, and Organizer Information
Users who create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organizers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features. These API keys may include the following third party services: Google Maps, Meetup, PayPal, and Eventbrite (API key, auth URL and Client Secret).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When you use this website, we may send one or more cookies to your computer or mobile device, to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. You are free to decline certain cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your ability to use certain features of this website. We use Google Analytics, which uses cookes to help us better understand who our site visitors are, how you are accessing the site and to improve website performance.
Use of Collected Information
We may use this collected information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our website
- Send you confirmations, updates, or support messages
- To request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of this website
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our website
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
Sharing of Information
- Visitor comments, if enabled, may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
You may, of course, choose to not share certain information with us. Should you choose to not share information via this website, we may not be able to provide to you with some of the features and functionality of this website (for example, processing a donation, responding to your inquiries).
If you would like for us to delete your information, please send us a request at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to receive email newsletters or event information from us, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of those emails.