Workshop for Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs): Adult Health Assessments
April 17 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
One event on April 14, 2021 at 9:00 AM
One event on April 17, 2021 at 9:00 AM
If you are an internationally educated nurse (IEN) and an ISANS client, please join us for this full-day adult health assessment workshop! This workshop is hosted in partnership with the Registered Nurses Professional Development Centre. Our goal is to help you feel supported in your professional development and in your transition to Canadian nursing practices. Overall, we want you to feel more confident to perform adult health assessments in Canada!
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the scope of adult health assessment requirements to practice nursing in Canada
- Learn about resources to help you develop your skills in health assessments
- Practice both interviewing and physical assessments with your peers – specifically respiratory, neurological, gastrointestinal, and cardio-vascular assessments – with the guidance and support of skilled facilitators
- Apply Adult Health Assessment skills through simulation scenarios
Workshop dates (you only have to attend one):
- Saturday, April 10 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 14 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, April 17 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- RNPDC Nursing Skills Lab (Room B 41, Bethune Building, 1276 South Park St, Halifax – entrance facing VG Hospital)
- You will be required to review learning materials before attending the workshop
- Workshop attendance is limited – register early!
- This workshop is a general physical assessment survey only. It does not cover the components of a comprehensive health assessment.
For more information, and to register for one of these workshops, please contact:
Elizabeth Eustaquio-Domondon | 902-406-8830 | email@example.com