- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training
January 14 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 1:00 PM on Thursday, repeating until January 28, 2021
Join us for a free, 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility and support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual.
Please note that ISANS is adhering to strict, provincial COVID protocols. This training will take place online with an attendance cap of 20 people.
To be an ambassador, you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, January 7, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, January 14, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, January 21, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, January 28, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
You will be sent a link to our online class at a later date.
This training is free of charge!
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | firstname.lastname@example.org