Welcome Ambassador Training
January 7, 2021 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 1:00 PM on Thursday, repeating until January 28, 2021
Join us for a free, 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility and support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual.
Please note that ISANS is adhering to strict, provincial COVID protocols. This training will take place in person, on-site at ISANS (Mumford). There will be an attendance cap of 12 people to maintain proper physical distancing. Masks must be worn at all times. This course can also be offered online if participants are uncomfortable with in-person delivery.
To be an ambassador, you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, January 7, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, January 14, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, January 21, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, January 28, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
Applications are due Friday, December 11, 2020. This training is free of charge!
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | firstname.lastname@example.org