- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training
December 5, 2019 @ 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
One event on November 21, 2019 at 3:30 PM
One event on November 28, 2019 at 3:30 PM
One event on December 5, 2019 at 3:30 PM
Join us for a 12-hour training program on creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities for all.
During this training, you will increase your cultural humility to support more inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities. You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group or an interested individual. Please note: There is no cost to this training – and snacks are provided!
To be an Ambassador you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills in creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse and welcoming province
Session 1: Thursday, November 14, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Session 2: Thursday, November 21, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Session 3: Thursday, November 28, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Session 4: Thursday, December 5, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Applications are due November 7, 2019.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Stephen Law | 902-406-8637 | email@example.com