Welcome Ambassador Training
March 4 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 1:00 PM on Thursday, repeating until March 25, 2021
Join us for a free, 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility and support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual.
Please note that ISANS is adhering to strict, provincial COVID protocols. This training will take place online with an attendance cap of 20 people.
To be an ambassador, you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, March 4, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, March 11, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, March 18, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, March 25, 2021 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
You will be sent a link to our online class at a later date.
This training is free of charge!
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com