- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training
March 3 @ 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
An event every week that begins at 3:30 PM on Tuesday, repeating until March 10, 2020
Join us for a 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility to support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all.
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group or an interested individual.
To be an ambassador you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Tuesday, February 18, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
- Session 2: Tuesday, February 25, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
- Session 3: Tuesday, March 3, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
- Session 4: Tuesday, March 10, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Applications are due February 5, 2020. This training is free of charge – and snacks are provided!
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com