- This event has passed.
Cancelled: PowerHack for Engineers: Moving from Credentials to Competencies
March 27 @ 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
One event on March 28, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Join us for the first ISANS PowerHack for Engineers.
Showcase your competencies, skills, knowledge, and experience to hiring managers, potential employers, and industry professionals during this 1.5 day event. Use your international training and experience to propose a solution to a local “real world” problem.
How the Event Works
- 1.5-day hackathon on March 27 and 28 at ISANS Mumford
- Participants will organize themselves into teams with varying skills
- Teams work on the problem they have selected
- Employers, hiring managers, and industry experts observe participants’ work and answer questions
- Micro-learning sessions will be offered during the day to give participants additional learning opportunities
- Participant teams will present their solutions to a panel of judges
- Teams with the top three solutions will receive awards.
Participants have the opportunity to enroll in the Facilitating Access to Skilled Talent (FAST) program. Through the FAST program, candidates can learn more about the essential and soft skills they need for the Nova Scotia and Canadian tech workplace and better prepare themselves to find employment in this field.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a permanent resident
- Have international skills, knowledge, and experience in engineering disciplines
- Have a CLB 6 or higher
- Possess some of the following technical skills: designing, building, modeling, project management, systems requirements, estimating, procuring, technical sales, etc
To register, send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.