- This event has passed.
Online Wellness Support Group: Music and Imagery Workshop
July 15 @ 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
In this online session, music therapist Rebecca Fairless will use improvised soundscapes to promote mental imagery formation, deep relaxation, and emotional processing.
Rebecca Fairless is an accredited music therapist, singer-songwriter, and church organist living in Halifax. Using music as a map, she helps clients find pathways to self-expression, empathy, healing, and connection.
In this workshop:
- The session will begin with a short check-in, followed by a guided relaxation exercise. As the music begins, Rebecca will establish a grounding image to prepare you for your musical journey.
- As the music is played, you will be free to explore any mental imagery that arises. The music will be followed by a time to draw, colour, or write about the experience.
- The workshop will close with an opportunity for you to share your experience with the group.
- To participate, you will need to have paper and drawing supplies on hand. You are also encouraged to use headphones and to find a calm space where you can sit comfortably.
- This session is online only through the free meeting service Zoom
- Click this link to register for the online workshop. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email that will tell you how to join the meeting.
For more information, please contact:
Juliana Pelinsom Marques | 902-406-0994 | firstname.lastname@example.org