- This event has passed.
Online Training Session: Legal Aspects of Owning a Business
September 23 @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Join Halifax lawyer, Garnett E. Brooks, of Burchells LLP as he shares valuable, basic legal information for establishing and conducting your business in Nova Scotia.
After this workshop, you will walk away with the legal resources you need to own and run a business!
In this session, you will learn:
- How to start a business in Nova Scotia
- Types of business structures
- Differences between sole proprietorship, partnership, and incorporation
- Buying an existing business
- Starting a new business
You will also learn related issues, such as:
- Purchasing commercial property and leasing an office or business space
- Personal liability compared to corporate liability
- Hiring employees or contractors
To attend this free workshop, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a CLB level of 5+
For more information, or to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | email@example.com