- This event has passed.
Online Session for Family Caregivers: Immigrants Aging Well in Canada
June 18 @ 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Navigating programs and services is a complicated process for newcomers. It is even more challenging for those who are 55 and older, as well as for their family caregivers. If you support a senior family member, this orientation session will provide you with information and resources to help you and your loved one navigate these challenges.
In this session, you will:
- Learn about factors and challenges to immigrants aging well in Canada
- Learn about programs and organizations who serve seniors and immigrants
- Learn about supports and resources for caregivers
- Offer feedback on guest speakers and topics for future sessions
Other things you should know about the session:
- There will be 8-10 participants per session
- This session will be delivered through Zoom, a free video-conferencing service
- You will have the option to meet other session participants briefly, for 10-15 minutes, one day prior to the session. During this brief meeting, you can check how your equipment works and get comfortable with the online platform.
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Tashi Yangtso | 902-406-4931 | firstname.lastname@example.org