- This event has passed.
Online Recruitment and Information Session: Halifax Regional Police Cadets
September 9 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Join us for this online presentation by Halifax Regional Police, taking place over the Zoom Web Conferencing platform! Learn about the requirements you need to be a successful applicant and become a cadet in Nova Scotia. A question and answer period will follow the presentation.
About the Halifax Regional Police (HRP) Cadet Opportunity:
Halifax Regional Police (HRP) is recruiting for its 2021 Police Science Program. The program will prepare cadets to become police officers. Cadets who successfully complete the program will be offered employment with HRP as either a full-time officer or reserve officer, depending on availability.
If you’re compassionate, community-minded, wise, resilient, and willing to contribute every day to the well-being of people in our communities, attend this information session and apply! HRP is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. As a group, HRP aims to be diverse in our experiences, perspectives, beliefs, opinions, ages, faiths, races, and sexual orientations.
To apply, you must also:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have completed grade 12 with academic courses in English and math, or a GED with a minimum of two years’ life experience, including employment, education, training or other productive organizational experience that demonstrates a significant contribution to society
- Have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted and have no criminal charges pending before the courts
- Possess a valid, Class 5 Nova Scotia driver’s licence or equivalent with no restrictions
How to register for this information session:
- ISANS Clients – Contact your employment specialist and ask them to register you
- YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth Clients – Contact Employment Services to register
- All other Participants – Complete a registration form by clicking here. (Registration closes at 10 am September 8). A Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registered participants 24 hours before the event.