- This event has passed.
Online Information Session: Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) Program
March 3 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Join us for a free information session about the Federal Internship for Newcomers (FIN) program. The FIN program offers newcomers a chance to gain temporary Canadian work experience and training opportunities with federal organizations in Nova Scotia.
Internships are available in:
- Project Management
Through the FIN program, you will:
- Understand job application and hiring processes
- Learn about Canadian workplace culture
- Network with professionals
- Attend orientation sessions or training
- Receive guidance from a public service mentor
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be an ISANS client
- Complete a full assessment with an employment specialist
- Finish ISANS pre-employment training programs
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada for less than 10 years
- Live or work in Halifax (or within 100 kilometers of Halifax)
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7 or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) level of 6 (General)
Please note: You must meet the eligibility criteria to attend one of these sessions. We will hold the information sessions online through Zoom. Please let your employment specialist know you would like to attend this session so they can send a Zoom link to you.
For more information, please contact:
Kelly Weaver | firstname.lastname@example.org