- This event has passed.
Online Course for Healthcare Professionals: Interprofessional Communication (IPC)
December 23, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
An event every week that begins at 6:00 PM on Monday and Wednesday, repeating until January 27, 2021
If you are a healthcare professional, this 8-week, online course will help you improve your communication skills with clients and colleagues!
The goal of this course is to help you prepare for patient-centered, team-based care in Canada by learning to communicate empathetically and respectfully with other healthcare professionals, patients, and families.
In this course, you will practice communication for healthcare with topics such as:
- Working on an interprofessional, collaborative healthcare team
- Respecting the values and ethics of co-workers and patients
- Negotiating roles and responsibilities while on a team
- Communicating with co-workers
- Managing conflict
You will study online in classes on Zoom and through coursework assignments:
- Dates: December 7, 2020, to January 27, 2021
- Class time: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Online: 7 to 8 hours each week
To attend, you must:
- Have access to the internet via mobile phone or computer
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 (CLB 6) in all four skills
For more information, or to register, please contact:
Language Services | 902-406-8737 | email@example.com