- This event has passed.
Online Career Information Session: Halifax Regional Municipality
November 10 @ 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Join us for this online presentation by Halifax Regional Municipality, taking place over Zoom! Learn about careers in Corporate Fleet, Municipal Facilities, Maintenance, and Operations. A question and answer period will follow the presentation.
About Halifax Regional Municipality:
A municipal public servant makes a difference in the lives of over 400,000 people in the Halifax region. The municipality employs between 3,600-5,000 people annually. You could be one of them.
Municipalities are the closest level of government to the public, and employees take pride in making Halifax the best it can be. If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, have a desire to learn, grow, and give back to the community through your work, you may be the right fit for the organization.
They also offer: competitive salaries and benefit packages, diverse career opportunities, and professional development.
Current and future opportunities:
- Red Seal trades such as: Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, and Oil Heat Service Technician (Burner Tech), Automotive, Truck & Transport and Auto-body Mechanics, as well as Welders and Small Engine Repair Technicians.
- Other technical positions such as: Building Services Technician, Building Services Advisor, Pool Operators, Controls Technician, and Custodians
To register for this information session:
- ISANS Clients – Contact your employment specialist to see if you are eligible to attend
- YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth Clients – Contact Employment Services to register
- All other Participants – Complete a registration form by November 9th at 12:00 pm by clicking here
- A Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registered participants 24 hours before the event