- This event has passed.
Online Business Development Training: The Basics of Business and Employment Law
June 10 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Start-ups and new businesses need to develop their ideas and market their products or services, and established businesses must work toward their core goals and strategies. As a business owner, you will face many confusing business and employment laws and through these processes, and it’s often difficult to know where to start. This session will help!
Join us to learn from Jennifer Singh, a practicing lawyer with McInnes Cooper, who focuses on labour and employment, human rights, as well as occupational health and safety.
In this session, you will learn about:
- The difference between provincial and federal labour standards
- The basics of human rights, as well as occupational health and safety legislation
- Employment contracts and why employers should have them
- The difference between independent contractors and employees
- Compliance with minimum employment standards
- The importance of record-keeping
- The benefits of using a written employment contract
- The duty of accommodation in the workplace and what is required under this duty
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | firstname.lastname@example.org