- This event has passed.
Online Business Development Training: Starting a Farm in Nova Scotia
September 23 @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Farming is an ancient and noble profession. It is also one of Nova Scotia’s backbone industries. Agriculture and its related industries—like food processing—make a vital contribution to the province’s economy, society, and culture.
Whether you’re planning to become part of the agribusiness sector or farming to produce food for your own family, finding and choosing the right farm is one of the most important steps you can take.
Join Daniel Muir, from Nova Scotia’s Department of Agriculture, to learn more about how to start a farm in Nova Scotia and the support available to you.
In this session, you will learn about:
- The agriculture industry in Nova Scotia
- Market opportunities for new farmers
- Life in rural Nova Scotia
- Support for starting a farm in Nova Scotia
- Business planning and support for new farmers
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | firstname.lastname@example.org