- This event has passed.
Online Business Development Training: Introduction to Independent Contractors
November 16 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Start-ups and new businesses need to develop their ideas and market their products or services, and established businesses must work toward their core goals and strategies. As a business owner, you will face many confusing business and employment laws through these processes, and it’s often difficult to know where to start. This session will help!
Join us to learn from Jennifer Singh, a practicing lawyer with McInnes Cooper, who focuses on labour and employment, human rights, as well as occupational health and safety.
In this session, you will learn:
- What independent contractors are and the difference between contractors and employees
- How to determine when independent contractors should be considered
- The benefits of using independent contractors
- The consequences of misclassifying employees as independent contractors
- Best practices in working with independent contractors
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | email@example.com