- This event has passed.
Online Business Development Training: How to Start a Food and Beverage Business
March 31 @ 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D. Wolfelt
A universal way to share love is through food. If you love to cook and are thinking about starting a business in the food and beverage industry, there is no such thing as a “perfect time” to open. All it takes is a lot of planning, risk-taking, and hard work.
Join this session to hear from Omar Khartabil (Founder & CEO of Gamma Shift Consulting), who is the former owner and operator of Choco Cafe and Chocolates by Design. Learn from Omar’s journey and experience in the food and beverage industry, and listen to the lessons he learned while setting up and running his first coffee shop in downtown Halifax.
In this session, you will learn about:
- How to come up with an idea and build on it
- Market research and analysis
- What you should look for before starting a business
- The basics of business planning and requirements
- Financial planning and considerations
- Compliance with local regulations
- Employment and hiring challenges
- Operational challenges
- Marketing essentials and basics
- The next steps you should take to start your business
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | email@example.com