Private Refugee Sponsorship Program
Supporting people to sponsor refugees to Nova Scotia
ISANS is one of 110 Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs) in Canada.
The Private Refugee Sponsorship program at ISANS provides information, resources and support to groups and individuals interested or involved in the sponsorship of refugees. As well, ISANS builds settlement capacity and awareness in the community. The program has grown from 11 refugee sponsorship applications submitted in 2011, to over 146 applications submitted in 2016. ISANS has supported hundreds of Nova Scotians to join together to sponsor refugees, providing timely support for private sponsors to ensure the success of the sponsorships, and to ensure the experience is a positive one for communities and refugees alike.
The Refugee Sponsorship Program at ISANS:
- Provides information and resources to sponsorship groups across Nova Scotia
- Supports Sponsorship Agreement Holders in Nova Scotia in the application process and settlement of refugees
- Works with relatives and groups living in Nova Scotia in the sponsorship and settlement of refugees
Please note we are unable to accept unsolicited applications for permanent residence from refugees overseas.
- Refugee Sponsorship Training Program - General information on the different types of private refugee sponsorship, as well as current country conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions about Private Refugee Sponsorship
- Refugee Sponsorship in Nova Scotia - Information Package - This Information Package will help you understand the process and commitment of Private Refugee Sponsorship
Information for Groups
- Settlement Guide for Family-linked Sponsors - updated May 2016
- Important Information and Things to Do Upon the Arrival of a Refugee Family - BVOR (Blended) Program - Private Sponsorship Constituent Groups (CG)