Are you a doctor or a pharmacist looking to improve your chances of passing the Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs)?
This 8-week, online course will help you improve your communication skills for the OSCEs! You will study for 8 to 10 hours each week: up to 3 hours in online classes on Zoom and the rest through assigned coursework.
In this course, you will practice speaking and listening skills for OSCE topics, such as:
- Building rapport
- Conducting patient consultations
- Understanding patients’ concerns
- Offering advice and giving instructions
- Showing empathy
- Dealing with angry patients
- Disclosing medical errors
This course is helpful if you want to:
- Improve and practice your patient-centered communication skills for the OSCE with feedback from a language instructor
- Learn more about the relationship between patients and healthcare professionals in Canada
To attend, you must:
- Have access to the internet via mobile phone or computer
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 6 in all four skills
Classes will be from November to December on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Language Services | 902-406-8737 | firstname.lastname@example.org