Are you an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN)?
Do you want to improve your chances of passing the Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN)?
ISANS is offering the Strategies for CELBAN Course starting October 5, 2020 and running until January 15, 2021.
This course will help you achieve your goals. It has four units to help you prepare for the CELBAN. You can take units one-by-one or together. Due to the time it takes to complete each unit, we recommend taking no more than two units at a time.
Each unit runs as follows:
- Listening: 14 weeks, online and self-study* – minimum CLB required: 8
- Writing: 8 weeks, online and facilitated – minimum CLB required: 6
- Reading: 8 weeks, online and self-study* – minimum CLB required: 7
- Speaking: 10 weeks, blended and facilitated – minimum CLB required: 7
*Self-study units have a moderated forum where you can ask questions about the lesson content, but are otherwise independent.
More important course information:
- When you successfully complete the Listening, Writing, and Reading units, you will have access to a simulated CELBAN Group Test.
- When you successfully complete the Speaking unit, you will also have access to a simulated CELBAN Speaking Test.
- During this course, you will practice, demonstrate, and receive feedback on the skills and strategies you need to be successful with each section of the CELBAN.
- Each unit of this course requires a different CLB to participate. You must meet the minimum CLB for that unit to participate in it. You can take any unit you are eligible for.
For more information, or to register, please contact: Language Services | 902-406-8737 | email@example.com