Live in the in the Clayton Park/ Fairview/Mumford area? Interested in growing your own vegetables?
Where are the gardens?
- Glen Garden – Located on Glenforest Drive and Smart Street
- Multicultural Garden – Located behind Calvin Presbyterian Church, 3311 Ashburn Ave
- Mosaic Garden – Located in front of Mosaic Church, 28 Willett Street
- Killam Garden – Located behind 21 Plateau Crescent
As a gardener, you will:
- Share a garden bed with another family. Each plot is approx 4’x 6’. Plots are open to all neighbourhood residents. Priority is given to gardeners who have had a plot the previous year, but some plots usually become available each year.
- Commit to planting within 2-3 weeks of being assigned your plot and take care of it during the growing season. Commit to taking care of the compost, garbage and keeping the common areas of the garden neat, along with other gardeners.
- Learn new things about gardening, food preservation, composting, and maybe practice a new language! You will be invited to workshops, fun events, and work-parties where you can get to know other gardeners and become part of a garden community.
Fill out the application here. Please email your completed application to:
Heather Asbil, 902-406-8657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for new applications May 2, 2017!