The EAL Volunteer Tutor program offers language support to immigrants through a tutor match and a conversation circle.
How It Works
You tutor an immigrant in a one-on-one setting, and/or teach a group of immigrants in a conversation circle, once a week for two hours. No previous teaching experience is required, we provide tutoring resources and training sessions.
We match you with a learner based on:
- learner’s English level
- learning goals and structure
EAL Volunteer Tutors help learners with their learning goals, such as:
- EAL literacy skills
- conversational English for daily life
- writing and grammar
- English for Academic Purpose
- IELTS, TOFEL and CAN etc. test preparation
- Citizenship Test preparation
- test preparation for driver’s license
- basic computer skills
- and more!
EAL Conversation Circle facilitators provide:
- an opportunity to practice speaking English in a casual and stress free environment
- networking with other participants
- a diverse learning environment
- information about community resources and social events
- and more!
For more information, please contact:
Rose Huh | Coordinator, EAL Volunteer Tutor Program | 902-406-8734
To volunteer you must first register with us. Check out how to Become a Volunteer at ISANS.