Are you a community organization that wants to welcome and serve immigrants?
- workshops with information and education about immigration and cultural awareness
- opportunities for service providers to share strategies and ideas for engaging immigrants in the community
- welcoming events for the immigrant and non-immigrant communities to interact with one another
Building Intercultural Competence
As Nova Scotia becomes more culturally diverse, we all need to learn how to welcome and work with immigrants and build a better community together. These interactive workshops is open to organizations, service providers and community volunteers. There is no fee!
This full day workshop will:
- Increase understanding of settlement and integration issues.
- Explore ways to welcome and support new immigrants.
- Develop intercultural relationship building skills for working with new immigrants.
- Tuesday, January 10, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday, January 31, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday, March 31, 9:30am -4:30pm
- Tuesday, April 11, 9:30 -4:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 9:30 – 4:30 pm
- Monday, May 8, 9:30 – 4:30pm
- Wednesday, May 24, 9:30 -4:30pm
- Wednesday, June 7, 9:30 -4:30pm
- Monday, June 26, 9:30 – 4:30pm
The maximum number of participants is 16 – please be sure to register early.
Welcoming Events: SupperNOVA
SupperNOVA is a multicultural potluck where community members get together to meet and welcome newcomer families, and celebrate the diversity which immigrants bring to the community.
Everyone is welcome!
- Three times a year at Saint Benedict Church, Clayton Park
- Everyone is encouraged to bring a dish of food to share with others
- Entertainment from different cultural groups
- Children’s activities
- Special Event Volunteer Opportunity – check out how to Become a Volunteer
For more information please contact
Sylvia Calatayud | Coordinator, Welcoming Communities | 902.406.8613