Translation & Interpretation Services
Interpretation and Translation services support ISANS clients to allow them to participate in ISANS programs. Our translation and interpretation services provide support for:
- settlement interpretation
- health interpretation refugee support
- translations of written information (info flyers, brochures, handouts, etc.)
- translations of personal information (identification) documents
- documentation support needed for settlement in Nova Scotia (confirmation of identity, affidavits or statutory declarations, etc.)
Settlement and Health Interpretation
ISANS service interpreters help clients and staff to communicate with each other while delivering and receiving ISANS settlement services. Our settlement interpreters also provide language interpretation support for refugee clients in ISANS care for some medical appointments held outside hospital settings.
Translations of Written Information
ISANS can translate short, personal written information/documents for newcomers that are needed and used for settlement, employment, education, transportation or obtaining documentation in the province of Nova Scotia only. We translate written information/documents for commonly spoken newcomer languages in Nova Scotia including:
- Certificates and records of birth, marriage, death or family registry status
- Driving licenses and driving records,
- High school, college, university diplomas and educational certificates
- Employment records and vocational training certificates
- Professional licensure and membership cards
- Identification cards and related documents
- You must be a current resident of Nova Scotia and a holder of a document you want to translate.
- You must register with ISANS prior to receiving and processing documents for translation.
- You must contact ISANS Translation Services staff before sending any documents by mail or email.
- Translation Services staff will determine and let you know if your documents qualify for translation by ISANS.
- We will provide relevant information and make a referral to other services, if a translation can not be processed by ISANS.
- When contacted and advised by Translation Services staff, please e-mail the scanned copies of your documents as a PDF file.
You must contact Translations Service staff first before proceeding with a payment. Then, if advised by staff, you will be provided with an option to pay by Paypal.
For more information or to determine eligibility please contact:
Eva Bekki | Program Assistant, Translation Services | firstname.lastname@example.org