Do you want to gain Canadian work experience? Are you looking for an entry-level job? Do you want to demonstrate your skills to a potential employer?
If so, the Bridge to Work Program may be for you.
The Bridge to Work Program is designed to help immigrants gain local work experience and understand the Canadian work environment. This program will help you prepare to work in an entry-level position.
In the Bridge to Work program you will:
- Learn about various entry-level occupations/jobs
- Complete employment readiness workshops and practice interview
- Learn about the Canadian workplace culture
- Learn English vocabulary for the safety training
- Complete safety training, including: Emergency First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Working in Confined Spaces, etc.
Although the Work Placement is not paid, there are many benefits:
- Increase your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Show an employer your skills and work ethic
- Gain Canadian work experience
- Get local references
- Possible offer of employment
- Be interested in working in an entry-level position
- Be committed to complete the English classes, technical training and employment workshops
- Be available and willing to complete a 3 week, unpaid work placement
- Have CLB Level 2, 3 or 4 completed