- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training
January 29 @ 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Join us for a 12-hour training program on creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities for all.
During this training, you will increase your cultural humility to support more inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities. You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group or an interested individual.
To be an Ambassador you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake two Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills in creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse and welcoming province
Schedule: Tuesdays, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
Session 1: Tuesday January 29
Session 2: Tuesday February 5
Session 3: Tuesday February 12
Session 4: Tuesday February 19
*(If a session is cancelled due to weather – Snow date: Thursday February 21)
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Stephen Law | 902-406-8637 | email@example.com
Applications are due January 22