What is it?
- 14-hour training program in creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities for all
Commitment – Ambassadors are required to:
- Attend all 4 training sessions
- Undertake 2 Welcome Ambassador activities following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity
Who is it for?
- Volunteers, Service providers, Private Refugee Sponsorship groups, Government employees, Business groups and anyone interested in increasing their cultural humility to support more inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities.
Benefits to Participants
- Develop knowledge and awareness about new Nova Scotians who arrived as refugees
- Learn skills in creating inclusive, diverse and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse and welcoming province
- Session #1: Saturday May 6th – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #2: Saturday May 20th – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #3: Saturday June 3rd – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #4: Saturday June 17th – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Halifax, ISANS offices: 6960 Mumford Road, Suite 2120 (second floor)
How to Apply
Contact: Steve Law (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and an application form.
Deadline: Applications are due May 3, 2017