- This event has passed.
Social Media Skills for Small Business
September 12 @ 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
In partnership with the Department of Labour and Advanced Education – Workplace Education Initiatives, ISANS is pleased to offer this 40-hour course. The course runs Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 8:30 pm starting Wednesday September 12 thru to December 5.
By the end of the course, you should be able to post about your business to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, using best practices and a variety of user-friendly tools. We may also investigate the use of blogging for SEO ranking, SEO best practices for your website, video creation, personal branding and storytelling.
Topics covered will include but not limited to:
- Set up and management of a Facebook page
- Set up and management of an Instagram account
- Set up and management of a Twitter account
- Instagram and Facebook Story use
- Basic advertising
- Optimization of LinkedIn profile and best practices for lead generation
- Tools of the trade (Hootsuite, Buffer, Canva, etc.)
- General strategy session (creating plans, goals, etc.)
To be eligible for this program you must be:
- An employed or a self-employed immigrant
- An ISANS business client
- Have CLB 5 or higher
- Have good computer user and online skills
Register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Randy Cochrane at 902-406-7793
To become an ISANS business client you must first register as an ISANS client. Please contact 902-423-3607 to make an appointment or visit www.isans.ca for more information.