- This event has passed.
Soft Skills: Professional Communication (online)
October 12, 2017
October 12 – November 12
A minimum Canadian Language Benchmark of 7 (CLB 7) is required to attend.
This 4-week course explores spoken professional communication through videos. The course focuses on Canadian culture and how it affects language. Participants meet online with an instructor weekly to practice their language skills. In this course you will:
- Practice communication strategies for small talk, presentations, constructive feedback, and meetings
- Explore Canadian workplace culture through videos and audio recordings
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate language and behaviour for the workplace
- Have weekly meetings online with your instructor to practice your communication skills
What you need:
- Regular access to a computer with a headset that includes a microphone
- 5-7 hours a week for 4 weeks
- High-speed internet
Language at ISANS