- This event has passed.
On-site Recruitment – Halifax Regional Police
May 17 @ 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
What is an ORIS Session?
An ORIS (On-site Recruitment & Information Session) is a presentation by an employer about their organization and career opportunities, followed by group question and answer.
About Halifax Regional Police?
Become a police officer with Halifax Regional Police (HRP). HRP is recruiting for its 2019 Police Science Program. The program will prepare cadets to become police officers. Cadets who successfully complete the program will be offered employment with HRP.
If you’re compassionate, community minded, wise, resilient and willing to contribute every day to the wellbeing of people in our communities, attend this information session and apply! HRP is committed to being reflective of the diverse communities we serve. As a group, they aim to be diverse in their experiences, perspectives, beliefs, opinions, ages, faiths, races and sexual orientations.
Current Positions: Halifax Regional Police Cadets
You must also:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have completed grade 12 with academic courses in English and math, or a GED with a minimum of two years’ life experience, including employment, education, training or other productive organizational experience that demonstrates a significant contribution to society.
- Have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted and have no criminal charges pending before the courts.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Nova Scotia driver’s license or equivalent with no restrictions.
To register for this information session, you must be an ISANS client with an Employment Specialist. Send an updated resume to your Employment Specialist and ask them to register you. Wait for confirmation of attendance.