- This event has passed.
CANCELLED! Inter-Professional Communication Skills Workshop for Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals
September 22, 2017 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday, September 22
9:00am – 4:00pmCANCELLED
Are you an Internationally Educated Healthcare Professional (physician, pharmacist, dentist, nurse, medical laboratory technologist, physiotherapist, etc.)? Are you preparing for OSCE, internship or licensing? Do you want to become better prepared for clinical practice?
This inter-professional interactive workshop is designed to help you increase your knowledge, readiness and confidence to enter the healthcare environment in Nova Scotia. There will be activities, guest speakers, videos and networking opportunities. Topics include:
- Communicating within the system: an overview of the Nova Scotia healthcare structure.
- Understanding primary health care and collaborative care teams; what are they and how do they work (with guest speakers).
- Inter-Professional Education (IPE) and Inter-Professional Practice (IPP) in healthcare.
- Practicing inter-professional care planning through a case study.
- Communication skills review, including dealing with conflict.
- Diversity, inclusion and cultural competence in professional practice communication (with guest speaker).
Light refreshments will be served.
You must be an internationally educated healthcare professional registered at ISANS to attend this workshop. Please call 902.423.3607 to register as an ISANS client.
Cost: Free! Space is limited. You must register by August 31. To register please email Doreen Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org.