- This event has passed.
Immigrant Youth Employability Program
June 4, 2018
If you are an immigrant youth between age 15 and 30 join the Immigrant Youth Employability Program to explore career options, gain local work experience and understand the Canadian work environment.
This program will help you:
- Increase your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Show employers your skills and work ethic
- Gain 20-weeks of Canadian work experience
- Get local references
- Find a possible offer for full-time employment
To be eligible to attend this program you must:
- Be between the ages of 15-30
- Not be attending school, college or university
- Not be currently receiving employment insurance (EI) benefits
- Commit to attend and complete 10-weeks of in-class training
- Attend and complete a 20-week paid employment
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4+
Space is limited. University graduates are not eligible.
For more information, please contact your employment specialist or Jihad Al Hajjar at 902-406-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program starts June 4
Deadline for applications May 18