- This event has passed.
Human Resource Management Workshop
January 29 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join Sarah Mullins, CPHR, for a free workshop to learn about rules and best practices for hiring and managing employees in Nova Scotia.
In this session you will learn about:
- The hiring process (including what you are and are not allowed to say during interviews, and how to call references)
- Employment standards, legal rules and human rights guidelines
- The difference between a contractor and employee
- The difference between term, casual and full-time employees
- Recruitment tools such as online, social media, print, networking and word of mouth
- Payroll options
With 48 hours’ notice, a livestream of the workshop will be available outside of Halifax
To attend this workshop, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a CLB level of 5+
- Register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Randy Cochrane at 902-406-7793
To become an ISANS business client you must first register as an ISANS client. Please contact
902-423-3607 to make an appointment or visit www.isans.ca for more information.