- This event has passed.
Human Resource Management
November 30, 2017 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join this workshop to learn about rules and best practices for hiring and managing employees in Nova Scotia.
In this session you will learn about:
- The hiring process (including what you are and are not allowed to say during interviews, and how to call references)
- Employment standards, legal rules and human rights guidelines
- The difference between a contractor and employee
- The difference between term, casual and fulltime employees
- Recruitment tools such as online, social media, print, networking and word of mouth
- Payroll options
Cost: Free! Registration for this session is required. To register please email email@example.com.
A minimum Canadian Language Benchmark of 5 (CLB 5) is required to attend.
To attend business training workshops, you must first register as an ISANS client and meet with an ISANS business counsellor. Please call 902.423.3607 to make an appointment or visit www.isans.ca for more information.
With 48 hours notice live-streaming is available outside of the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM).