- This event has passed.
Diversity and Mental Health Education Workshop for Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals
August 13 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Join Mohammad Yaffa, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator with Nova Scotia Health Authority, for a workshop on diversity and mental health education.
In this workshop you will:
- Focus on strategies and resources for becoming culturally competent in our day to day practices
- Discuss concepts and issues related to Diversity, Cultural Competence and Mental Health
- Learn about the different ways people from diverse cultures access health care services
- Learn about how service providers can increase knowledge to access the Canadian mental health services and strategies
Intended outcomes – after this workshop, you will understand:
- How culture influences our perception of health and healthcare
- How we can increase knowledge of other cultures
- How we can support people from diverse background to improve their access to services
- Where to find resources available to support our work
For more information, please contact:
Elizabeth Eustaquio-Domondon | 902-406-8830 | email@example.com