- This event has passed.
Communication for Healthcare Professionals
April 17 @ 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This program is for healthcare professionals: doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, etc. You will increase your workplace communication skills for patient-centered care.
In this course, you will practice:
- Spoken patient communication for consultations, including: building rapport, conducting patient consultations, understanding patient concerns, showing empathy, offering reliable advice and focusing on ethics and patient recovery
- Spoken communication for multidisciplinary healthcare teams, including: working as a team and being culturally sensitive
- Written communication for notes, form-filling and emails
This 14-week course is helpful for healthcare professionals looking to improve their communication skills and function effectively in a Canadian healthcare setting.
April 17 – July 17
You will study in the classroom and online:
- Classroom: Tuesdays, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Online: 8-10 hours each week
A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 (CLB 6) is required to attend.
Contact Andrea for more information: email@example.com or (902) 406-8656.