The EAL (English as an Additional Language) Volunteer Tutor Program provides you with language support by matching you with an EAL volunteer tutor and through conversation circles.
You will meet with the program coordinator to discuss your language needs and your preferences for a tutor match and a conversation circle.
To match you with a tutor and a conversation circle placement we consider your:
- learning goals and CLB level
A Volunteer Tutor or Conversation Circle Facilitator is someone with whom you can talk, share and learn. Most tutors and facilitators are not professional teachers; they get basic training and support from the program coordinator. Usually, you would meet your tutor and/or attend a conversation circle once a week for 2 hours, over a period of 3 months to one year.
As a learner you will:
- set your learning goals and work towards them
- practice your spoken and/or written English
- prepare for a professional/school exam or Canadian Citizenship Test
- learn how to find and use language and community resources
- learn how to use the computer
- gain a new friend
For more information please contact:
Rose Huh | Coordinator, EAL Tutor Program | 902-406-8734