Are you a youth between 15 and 30 years old? Do you want to explore careers and gain Canadian work experience? Are you looking for an entry-level job? Do you want to demonstrate your skills to a potential employer?
If so, the Immigrant Youth Employability Project may be for you.
The Immigrant Youth Employability Project (IYEP) is designed to help immigrant youth explore their career options, gain local work experience and understand the Canadian work environment. This project will help you to take the first steps toward your career dreams.
In the Immigrant Youth Employability Project you will:
- Learn about various occupations/jobs
- Get Health and Safety training (e.g. Emergency First Aid/CPR)
- Complete job search techniques and interview skills
- Learn about the Canadian workplace culture
- Complete a 24-week, paid work experience/internship
The project will:
- Increase your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Show an employer your skills and work ethic
- Provide you with 6-months of Canadian work experience and mentorship
- Provide you with local references
- Offer the possibiltiy of full-time employment
- Be between the ages of 15 to 30 years old and not attending school
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Be committed to complete the classes, the technical training and employment workshops
- Be available and committed to complete 24 weeks of paid employment
- Have CLB Level 4 completed