There are many different healthcare professions in Canada.  You need a license to practice in most of them.  Here are some useful links to information about some of these professions.  The best place to start is to contact an Employment Specialist at Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia who can help you understand the pathway to licensure, and find programs to help you work in your field.

Contact an Employment Specialist at ISANS for help in understanding the pathway to licensure, getting assistance in developing your resume, learning interview skills, understanding Canadian workplace culture and accessing financial assistance for the cost of accreditation. Get started today!


ISANS offers


Self Assessment Tools



Capital Health Online Resources

Occupational Therapists