Trades Practical Assessment Program
Are you interested in hosting an experienced immigrant trades-person for 12 weeks at no cost?
The Trades Practical Assessment Program connects employers across Nova Scotia with experienced tradespeople. As a host employer, you offer the chance to work in your organization for up to 12-weeks at no cost to you. There is no obligation to hire; you have the opportunity to assess their skills on the job and provide recommendations on apprenticeship and exam level readiness.
Participants are keen to participate - they gain valuable Canadian work experience, local references, experience towards their level or Red Seal and the opportunity to network and showcase their skills. All participants have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in their trades, are certified in WHMIS, Fire Safety and First Aid, and are job ready and legally eligible to work in Canada.
What are the benefits to you?
- Flexible: Participants are flexible and can start with entry level tasks
- Low Risk: Tradespersons are insured against injury at the workplace through ISANS
- Targeted: Individual skills are matched with employer needs
- Career Focused: Tradespersons are connected to the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency and eager to become certified in their trades
- No Strings Attached: No obligation to hire or pay – allowance covered by ISANS
Mai Al Nabhan | 902-406-8846 | email@example.com
HOW IT WORKS
Coordinator sends you resume of potential candidate
You interview candidate to determine suitability
you interview candidate to determine a good match
If you select a candidate, you sign an agreement with ISANS
Participant works under the supervision of a journeyperson
Supervisor assesses apprenticeship level
Program Coordinator & NSAA Officer conduct site visits
Supervisor provides reference if appropriate