Join us for a youth photography project! Youth with refugee experience can apply to explore social justice through photography in Halifax.
We are looking for 10 participants, aged 16-24, who arrived in Nova Scotia as refugees and are interested and able to commit to 12 photography workshops (2 hours each) and activities.
In this project you will:
- Get training from professional photographers, social activists and artists
- Find a safe and empowering space to develop new skills and express yourself creatively
- Learn about resources available to you to further develop your skills as an artist
- Develop a deeper understanding of social justice and social activism
- Meet other young people with an interest in art and/or social justice
- Develop your public speaking skills, share your perspective about social justice and showcase your
photographs at a public forum
- Access financial support to help with your expenses.
Please contact us by March 2, 2018.
To apply for the project or get more information please contact:
Hilary Thorne | 902-406-8608 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a research project to support youth who came to the Halifax Regional Municipality as refugees. Participants will explore concepts and issues of social justice and social activism, and learn about participatory photography methods.